Sunday, June 10, 2012

Berry Limeade Poppies



Now for something a bit more fitting for the season. I made these popsicles the other day with ingredients that I had available and they're awesome. I have to confess, I'm eating one as I type this (more difficult than I imagined it to be) so that I can accurately describe how tasty this flavor combination is: refreshing lime, a hint of syrupy cream soda and sweet berries. These poppies are simple to make and the perfect thing on a hot day.

I had 1/2 a bottle of extremely flat cream soda left over from my bday party a few weeks ago (we don't really drink soda at our house, here it's mostly water and cranberry juice) and I don't like to be wasteful, so I wanted to find a use for it.

There isn't really a real recipe for these, everything is interchangeable. I started by putting some of the fruit in the molds; I did 1/2 of the popsicles with sliced strawberries and 1/2 with whole blackberries. Then I combined 1 cup of limeade (we buy the Simply brand, it's not made from concentrate and safely starch-free) and 1 cup of cream soda together and pour them into the popsicle molds. I didn't mix in any extra sugar, and these turned out to be sweet, but not too sweet. Just really refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...