Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cold Cucumber Soup


I know that this recipe is kind of late because summer is gone, and I actually meant to post on this almost 2 months ago, but I forgot so I'm posting it now. You'll just have to deal with it. Wink. Wink. I'll be posting much more Fall-friendly recipes from now on, so you can breathe easy.

And I think I've told you this before, but this year our cucumber plant has done really well, giving us a steady stream of giant cucumbers. So I was left trying to find different cucumber recipes to make so that Roi didn't get sick of eating the same cucumber salad every week.

I adapted this recipe from the Cold Cucumber and Yogurt Soup in Judith Jones' cookbook, that I inherited from my grandma. This soup is really light and refreshing and makes a good substitute for a salad with your lunch or dinner.

Cold Cucumber Soup
serves 2
2 medium cucumbers
2 scallions
1 1/3 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
salt and pepper
fresh chives or dill

Peel the cucumber and roughly chop. Trim the scallions of the course outer layers and chop into rough pieces. Put the cucumber and scallions with the broth and sour cream into a food processor/blender and blend until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper to tasted. Pour into a chilled soup bowl and sprinkle with herbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...