Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving & Some Hot Spinach Dip


Hello all! If you're wondering where I've been all November, I was planning Thanksgiving. This was my first year hosting, so I planned the hell out of it, making sure I left no stone unturned. And it was a success! I wasn't even that stressed out, thanks to all the hard work I put in. Now I have some great recipes to share with you, after all that research.

And just because I'm proud of my hard work, I have to share a few photos of the hors d'oeuvres spread and the table setting. But since I don't want you to leave empty-handed, I'm also including the recipe for the {starch free} hot spinach dip that I made. It's excellent with some starch free cheddar crackers, a recipe I'll be sharing in a couple of days. So don't forget to check back later this week. This spinach dip would make an excellent appetizer for any kind of family gathering.


Hot Spinach Dip a la Martha Stewart  
Ingredients:
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for baking dish
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 pounds spinach, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 6 ounces bar cream cheese
  • 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
  • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • Starch free crackers, for serving
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
  2. Add spinach in two additions, letting the first batch wilt before adding the next; cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
  3. In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/4 cup mozzarella; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly oiled 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
  4. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot with accompaniments, as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...